This challenge is aimed at individuals as well as the group. There will be three challenge themes which will be spaced out over a number of weeks to give you the chance to participate in a challenge, and also take some time to enjoy your own type of photography.
Round one and Round two will be completed as a normal monthly challenge in which you post your picture using the hashtag provided and at the end of the challenge an award for being picked is provided. Any individual can take part in these two rounds and the winner and runner up will receive a shout from my account.
In addition to the individual prize any teams participating can submit photographs to be awarded points in round one and round two, with 6 pictures from each group being judged.
Round three will be for the group only, and only those competing in the group challenge will be eligible for the final round. For this round the group must take a picture of the published theme and their members must post their pictures using the hashtag as normal and the group chooses 6 pictures from the posted pictures to be judged.
The Challenge: Round 1
Take an image which includes a Graveyard.
- You must clearly show a Graveyard in your image.
- All or part of the Graveyard can be shown in your photo.
- The image must have been taken from the start date of the challenge, not before.
- Your picture must have a title.
- Your picture must not be manipulated by adding parts that were not on the original image.
- You may use editing software to change contrast, exposure, white balance etc.
- You must post the picture to your own account.
- You must message me on Instagram for the challenge hashtag; if you are in a challenge group you do not need to message me.
- You do not need to message me or tag me in your challenge post.
- Do not send the picture to me directly.
- Round 1 starts, 12:00pm EST Monday October 3rd 2022.
- Round 1 ends at 12:00pm EST Tuesday October 25th 2022.
- You may only enter one picture to the challenge
- No Carousels
- No Galleries
- Your entry will not count for the challenge if you have posted more than one image.
The organiser reserves the right to decline any picture for the challenge.
For Rounds one and two
- Two Choices will be made.
- Each of the two choices will be given a picture shout.
- The winner will get a picture and a story shout.
For Round three – Group:
- The winning group will select 3 accounts for a shout.
- Each account will get a picture
- One nominated account will get a picture and a story shout.
- My decisions are final, no appeals.
- If you do not follow the rules your picture will not count.
What do you gain, other than kudos –
- The spirit of taking part and being included in one of the best communities on Instagram.
- An opportunity to learn from other Photographers and develop your skill.
- Do not do anything unsafe or dangerous when taking part in this challenge.
- This challenge does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage, you take your pictures at your own risk.
- By entering a photo into the challenge, you agree to allow your photo to be shared and re-posted for the purposes of advertising and documenting this and future challenges. When used, photo credit will be given to the posting Instagram account.
2 thoughts on “Late 2022 Group Photography Challenge”
I’ve been added to the photo discussion group and understand the tag will be announced this evening. How do we get added to a group?
Yes great, DM me on Instagram and I will share the tag! good luck.