This challenge is aimed at individuals as well as the group. There will be three challenge themes which will be spaced out over a number of weeks to give you the chance to participate in a challenge, and also take some time to enjoy your own type of photography.
Round one and Round two will be completed as a normal monthly challenge in which you post your picture using the hashtag provided and at the end of the challenge an award for being picked is provided. Any individual can take part in these two rounds and the winner and runner up will receive a shout from my account.
In addition to the individual prize any teams participating can submit photographs to be awarded points in round one and round two, with 6 pictures from each group being judged.
Round three will be for the group only, and only those competing in the group challenge will be eligible for the final round. For this round the group must take a picture of the published theme and their members must post their pictures using the hashtag as normal and the group chooses a number of pictures from the posted images to be judged.
The Challenge: Round 1
Take an image that includes a Bench or a Chair
- Your Picture
- Must include something that is either whole or part of a bench or chair.
- The Bench or Chair must have been purposely made for a human to sit on.
- The subject of the image can be anything as long as a bench or chair is clearly shown in the image.
- Your bench or chair must be outside.
- The image must have been taken from the start date of the challenge, not before.
- Your picture must have a title.
- Your picture must not be manipulated by adding parts that were not on the original image.
- You may use editing software to change contrast, exposure, white balance etc.
- You must post the picture to your own account.
- You must message me on Instagram for the challenge hashtag; if you are in a challenge group you do not need to message me.
- DO NOT give out the hashtag to anyone outside of your group.
- You do not need to message me or tag me in your challenge post.
- Do not send the picture to me directly.
- Round 1 starts, 12:00pm EST or 5:00pm GMT Friday April 09th 2021.
- Round 1 ends at 12:00pm EST or 5:00pm GMT Tuesday April 27th 2021.
- You may only enter one picture to the challenge
- No Carousels
- No Galleries
- Your entry will not count for the challenge if you have posted more than one image.
- You must be part of a Challenge Group before the start of each round for your picture to be accepted in the group competition.
Challenge Group Rules:
- You must only be in one challenge group.
- You cannot post an image for more than one challenge group.
The organiser reserves the right to decline any picture for the challenge.
For Rounds one and two
- Two Choices will be made.
- Each of the two choices will be given a picture shout.
- The winner will get a picture and a story shout.
For Round three – Group only:
- The winning group will select 3 accounts for a shout.
- Each account will get a picture shout.
- One nominated account will get a picture and a story shout.
- Group decisions are final, no appeals.
- If you do not follow the rules your picture will not count.
A story will be posted for each of the top 3 pictures selected by the judges.
What do you gain, other than kudos –
- The spirit of taking part and being included in one of the best communities on Instagram.
- An opportunity to learn from other Photographers and develop your skill.
- Do not do anything unsafe or dangerous when taking part in this challenge.
- This challenge does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage – you take your pictures at your own risk.
- By entering a photo into the challenge, you agree to allow your photo to be shared and re-posted for the purposes of advertising and documenting this and future challenges. When used, photo credit will be given to the posting Instagram account.
About the challenges:
These monthly challenges are taken up by 100s of instgrammers and although the window for taking and posting is short, there is enough time for everyone get a shot in.
All participants see an increase in their engagement from real and interested instagrammers, and all new challengers receive additional followers just for getting involved.
We set-up groups to make the challenge more personal and for better engagement, and please let me know if you want to be added to a group.
Give it a go, you’ll be surprised how well it works, and of course if it’s not for you then you don’t have to participate in the next one!
Points awarded for all 3 rounds will be added up and the team with the highest points at the end of round 3 will be the winners, and will be able to select accounts to receive a shout.