This challenge is aimed at anyone who would like to take part and is one-off challenge just for Christmas. At the end of the challenge the winning images will be chosen by me.
Anyone can take part and you don’t need to follow my account, or like or comment on my pictures, and all you have to do is take your picture and post it your account using the challenge hashtag provided.
Take an image of Christmas Lights.
Start here with this video:
- Your picture may be taken either inside a building or outside.
- Your image can be of any Christmas lights.
- Your picture must clearly show Christmas Lights, and be obvious they are festive lights and not any old light, it is your job to show this.
- You may set-up your image, ie place Christmas lights into the scene.
- The image must have been taken from the start date of the challenge, not before.
- Your picture must have a title.
- Your picture must not be manipulated by adding parts that were not on the original image by using editing software, what’s in the picture must be taken by the camera – No composites.
- You may use editing software to change contrast, exposure, white balance etc.
- You must post the picture to your own account.
- You must message me on Instagram for the challenge hashtag; if you are in a challenge group you do not need to message me.
- You do not need to message me or tag me in your challenge post – This is not about my account, it is to challenge you.
- Do not send the picture to me directly.
- The Challenge starts, now.
- The Challenge ends at 12:00pm EST Tuesday December 15th 2020.
- You may only enter one picture to the challenge
- No Carousels
- No Galleries
- Your entry will not count for the challenge if you have posted more than one image.
- There will be two winning pictures.
- The 2nd place image will be given a picture shout from my account.
- The 1st place picture will be given a picture shout and a story shout from my account.
What do you gain, other than kudos –
- The spirit of taking part and being included in one of the best communities on Instagram.
- An opportunity to learn from other Photographers and develop your skill.
- A chance to connect with other accounts you otherwise would not have met.
Other important things –
- Do not do anything unsafe or dangerous when taking part in this challenge.
- This challenge does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage, you take your pictures at your own risk.
- By entering a photo into the challenge, you agree to allow your photo to be shared and re-posted for the purposes of advertising and documenting this and future challenges. When used, photo credit will be given to the posting Instagram account.
About the challenges:
This community has been participating in Monthly challenges for nearly two years and there are 100s of instgrammers who participate. Although the window for taking and posting is short, there is enough time for everyone get a shot in.
All participants see an increase in their engagement from real and interested instagrammers, and all new challengers receive additional engagement just for getting involved.
We set-up groups to make the challenge more connected and for better engagement, and please let me know if you want to be added to a group.
Although this challenge is not being set-up as a group competition, it is useful to be in a group to gain support from your fellow group members and improve your social media engagement.
Give it a go, you’ll be surprised how well it works, and of course if it’s not for you then you don’t have to participate in the next one!